I remember a few years ago, someone (who I still respect very highly), told me it was impossible for iridescence to exist in mammals. Since that time, I've discovered that some mammals can indeed have iridescent fur. Thanks to this article I found, I found out it's indeed possible. Notice the pic, of a vlei rat ( Otomys ) is shimmering colors of green, purple and blue. That's not the only one. There are MANY mammals that have such a feature. Here's a few more... Akhal-teke horse. Golden mole. Polar bear. And there are also several species of mammals that glow... Tube-nosed bat. Flying squirrel. Platypus. Springhaas . In the Metazoic, I just simply take this to a little more extreme. With creatures like Cercolampis ( Pentadactyls, Pileatidae ). They sparkle like glitter, which allows them to hide from overhead predators, like predatory pteropods and eagles. To a watching predatory bat, or an eagle, the sparks of light when Cercolampis moves through the trees, resemb...
This is an interesting article that showed up in my feed today. This asks the question of whales and dolphins evolving back to becoming land animals. I must admit, and I don't talk about families I've deleted over the years of working on Metazoica, but I thought about what it would be like if dolphins evolved back to being land animals. But I threw that idea away way back in the days. Because it just doesn't make sense. I've had several ideas since I started this project in the early 90s that I've thrown away. But the one that applies to this is those families. I thought IF whales and dolphins were to revert back to being land animals, they'd have to walk on their forelimbs. They do still have the same bone structure as land-dwellers' feet. But that kind of over-dramatic reverse evolution could never happen. Anyway, this is the article I found... Could Whales And Dolphins Ever Evolve Back To Being Land Mammals? | IFLScience Could Whales And Dolphins Ever Evo...
Some people do not seem to be doing any research at all before creating a World of the Future! I was going to spare my blog all this misery until I got this in an e-mail this afternoon. Now, I simply MUST speak out!!! I cannot take it anymore! This is based on one person's vision of the future. 1. The family Canidae is extinct. I repeat, the family Canidae is extinct. Yes, even those adaptable little foxes, of whom many of which are considered pests today. My response: Why would the canines go completely extinct? That doesn't make any sense at all! Even I have a canine-based family in the Metazoic. I call them "bear dogs", and they are actually descendants of foxes. And foxes are too adaptable to just die out! 2. Felidae and Hyenidae are gone. Despite Metazoica probably disagreeing with me, both families are highly diverse, and many of them are not endangered at all. (Even the aardwolf, though it is still probably doomed due to overspecialization) My response: OK, who...
Comments
Post a Comment